Terms and Conditions
USING THE DANESHILL HOME-TO-SCHOOL BUS SERVICE T&CS 2022/2023:
By placing a booking with the Daneshill Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below:
- Children in Year 2 or above only are permitted to travel on the school bus.
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered
- Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
- Passengers are advised they need to be at their stops 5 minutes before the advertised stop time.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
Changes to use of the service
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example; frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy: withdrawal from the service:
- Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely must provide a full term’s notice, by email to [email protected], and copied to [email protected] or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu.
Covid -19 Mitigation Management
The School is constantly reviewing and implementing Government guidelines associated with all aspects of return to School in September, including the use of school buses.
The buses will be sanitised before and after each journey. During the journey all students will be social distanced where possible.
Bus related guidance will be monitored throughout the summer and any changes or adjustments to the use of the bus service will be communicated to parents/pupils accordingly.