Employment type – Permanent
Location – Maidenhead, Berkshire 2 days a week / remote
Reporting line – CEO
Direct reports – Financial Systems Accountant, 2 x Accounts Assistant (1 FT and 1 PT)
Salary – £80,000 – £100,000 (dependant on skills and experience) + equity
- Due to retirement, Transport2, trading as Kura, a business turning over £11m in 2021, requires a leader for its finance function with a team of two full-time and one part-time employees
- Kura operates in the transport technology sector, and while it has traditionally offered transport services, has now transformed into a tech-led B2B organisation with strong SaaS recurring revenues coming on stream from its educations and corporate customers
- The individual must not only control and manage the finances of the business, but drive transformation in finance and provide leadership and guidance to enable the business achieve its financial goals towards its next fund raising
- 60% remote working but must be within 2 hour drive of company HQ in Thames valley
This role will be responsible for the finance activities in Kura.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances then setting recovery plans
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis for the SLT and board
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Insurance/ risk management
- Setting annual cost rates and prices for customers
- Close involvement in commercial negotiations with suppliers, creditors and customers when required
- The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has at least 3 year’s experience within a similar role in the B2B SaaS and/or professional services industry and with experience of fund raising or M&A activities.
- This is a hands-on role and would suit a Divisional Finance Director/Head of Finance from a larger company looking for their first number one role or an experienced Finance Director looking for a new challenge.
- The ideal candidate should be commercially astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. It is essential that you have a proven track record of driving improvements, cost savings, leading on due diligence exercises, executing and managing a consolidation strategy, and financial modelling experience.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a good understanding of strategic, commercial and operational activities and have a proven track record of influencing and working with stakeholders to deliver objectives. You will have sound judgement, tact, credibility, diplomacy, and the ability to influence without dictating and challenge where necessary at all levels within a commercial business.
- You will be highly numerate, and able to work with complex data, from multiple sources, in different formats, to provide concise and meaningful commercial information to aid the decision making and help drive margin and growth.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making. Strong managerial experience is important to this role.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and innovative finance and business professional to join the business as it makes a strategic change in its direction. If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Always Curious, Constantly Learning & Forever Evolving
- Uncompromising On Quality, Delivering On Commitments
- Innovative And Confident In Where We Are Going
- Our People And Partners Matter
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Wendy Cook, HR Business Partner, Kura: [email protected]
Applications close on June 24th. No agencies please.