Parents/carers must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
Parents/carers accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the school will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the school has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Amendments or cancellation
Any amendments to a pupils’ journeys should be made directly via the Kura App.
Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely must provide a full term’s notice, by email to [email protected] or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu.
Use of the service
Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered
Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the The Glasgow Academy’s Behaviour Policy.
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the school’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
Changes to use of the service
Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling and use it to register on and off the bus.
Parents/carers are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by The Glasgow Academy’s Behaviour Policy.
Parents/carers are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the school’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
Changes to the use of the service
Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App
The school reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
5x AM journeys per week @ £6.00 x 180 days = £1,080
5x PM journeys per week @ £6.00 x 180 days = £1,080 Return journeys per week @ £12.00 x 180 days = £2,160
Ad hoc bookings are not available.
If you have an urgent query about your child’s bus route during service, then please contact the Kura control centre on [email protected] or 0203 005 3747. This number is staffed from 06:30 in the morning to cover travel into the school. It is also covered until 19:00 during the school to home run.
Should a pupil leave any item on a bus then parents should contact Kura either via email: [email protected] or by phone: 0203 005 3747 to report the loss providing the bus route and a description of the item(s).
Kura will contact the appropriate bus company to find out if the item has been found. Pupils can then pick up the item on the next run.
Pick up by parents at home stops
Younger children are often met by a parent/carer at the home stop drop off. In such cases, should a parent not be at the stop when the bus arrives the bus will wait a few minutes and the driver will then contact Kura. The bus driver will continue to do the other drop-offs and bring the child back to the school. Kura will inform the school and the parents will be informed. The parent will then need to collect the child from the school.
Bus Travel Code of Conduct
At all times all members of our school community are expected to keep to the school’s Values and Code, to behave with common sense, courtesy and decency.
- Be ready to board at the allotted time standing at the bus stop. If late, the bus will be unable to wait
- At the end of the day go straight to the bus from the school, and not go to any shops before boarding the bus
- Travel on their designated bus only
- Carry their pass at all times and produce it when asked by a driver or member of staff
- Be polite and respectful to the driver and all other passengers at all times
- Sit quietly and calmly during the journey
- Follow any instruction from the driver without question – it is for their safety and the safety of others
- Stay in their seats with seat belts fastened at all times
- Look after their belongings and keep them in a safe place
- Take litter off the bus
- If they see someone behave badly on the bus, inform the school or their parents. The driver’s role is to drive the bus safely and not to be responsible for dealing with any poor behaviour unless it affects safety
- Make sure any necessary medication is taken before leaving home or school
Pupils must not:
- Distract the driver except in an emergency
- Use mobile phones other than to phone parents
- Eat or drink on the bus
- Take part in any anti-social behaviour
- Leave any items on the bus
- Ask to be dropped off anywhere other than their agreed stop
Covid-19 Mitigation Management
The Glasgow Academy is constantly reviewing and implementing Government guidelines associated with all aspects of safety measures, including the use of buses.
The buses will be sanitised before and after each journey. During the journey all students will be social distanced where possible. Once the coaches arrive at the school a member of staff from the school will assist to disembark one coach at a time to ensure no pupil crowding or mixing of other bus groups occur. It is encouraged all pupils wear a mask while travelling on the bus, this must be supplied by their parent.
Bus related guidance will be monitored throughout the year and any changes or adjustments to the use of the bus service will be communicated to parents/pupils accordingly.