Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App or Kura Portal. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey canceled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Amendments or cancellation
Any amendments to a pupil’s journeys should be made directly via the Kura App or Portal and adhere to the cancellation policy set out below.
Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely, partially or ad-hoc must provide a full term’s notice, by emailing [email protected] and copying to [email protected] or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu.
A full term’s notice’ means notification that is received on or before the first day of the preceding term.
If you fail to adhere to the notice period, you may be charged a term’s fees in lieu of notice. This means that you will have to pay for an entire term, even if you do not plan to use transport during that term.
Use of the service
Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered
Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
If you have an urgent query about your child’s bus route during live service, then please contact the Kura control centre on 020 3314 0311. This number is staffed from 06:30 in the morning to cover travel into the school. It is also covered until 19:00 during the school-to-home run during term time.
If your enquiry is not of an urgent nature please email us at [email protected]
Pick up by parents at home stops
Younger children are often met by a parent or carer at their home stop drop-off point. Should the designated person not be at the stop when the bus arrives the bus will wait a few minutes and then the driver will call Kura who in turn will contact the parents or carer. In consideration of all users of the service, it is not feasible to delay a route for any great length of time and the driver will continue to other drop-off points. Kura will inform the school and parents that the vehicle is returning to the school so that the child may wait safely with a school staff member for collection.
Pupil Code of Conduct
- Be ready to board at the allotted time standing at the bus stop. Pupils are advised that they need to be at their stop 5 minutes behind the scheduled time. If late, the bus will be unable to wait.
- Travel on their designated bus only
- Carry their pass at all times and produce it when asked by a driver or member of staff
- Be polite and respectful to the driver and all other passengers at all times
- Follow any instruction from the driver without question – it is for their safety and the safety of others
- Stay in their seats with seat belts fastened
- Look after their belongings and keep them in a safe place
- Take litter off the bus
- If they see someone behave badly on the bus, inform the school or their parents. The driver’s role is to drive the bus safely and not to be responsible for dealing with any poor behaviour unless it affects safety
- Make sure any necessary medication is taken before leaving home or school
Pupils must not:
- Shout, use bad language or make signs out of the window
- Start arguments or engage in verbal bullying
- Engage in fighting or ‘play fighting’
- Distract the driver except in an emergency
- Eat or drink on the bus
- Take part in any other anti-social behaviour
- Leave any items on the bus
- Ask to be dropped off anywhere other than their agreed stop