Amendments or cancellation
Any amendments to a pupils’ journeys should be made directly via the Kura App.
Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely must provide a full term’s notice, by email to [email protected].
Use of the service
Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered
Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
Pick up by parents at home stops
Younger children are often met by a parent/carer at the home stop drop-off. In such cases, should a parent not be at the stop when the bus arrives the bus will wait a few minutes and the driver will then contact Kura. The bus driver will continue to do the other drop-offs and bring the child back to School. Kura will inform the School and the parents will be informed. The parent will then need to collect the child from School.
Pupil Code of Conduct
- Be ready to board at the allotted time standing at the bus stop. If late, the bus will be unable to wait
- Travel on their designated bus only
- Carry their pass at all times and produce it when asked by a driver or member of staff
- Be polite and respectful to the driver and all other passengers at all times
- Follow any instruction from the driver without question – it is for their safety and the safety of others
- Stay in their seats with seat belts fastened
- Look after their belongings and keep them in a safe place
- Take litter off the bus
- If they see someone behave badly on the bus, inform the school or their parents. The driver’s role is to drive the bus safely and not to be responsible for dealing with any poor behaviour unless it affects safety
- Make sure any necessary medication is taken before leaving home or school
Pupils must not:
- Shout, use bad language or make signs out of the window
- Start arguments or engage in verbal bullying
- Engage in fighting or ‘play fighting’
- Distract the driver except in an emergency
- Eat or drink on the bus
- Take part in any other anti-social behaviour
- Leave any items on the bus
- Ask to be dropped off anywhere other than their agreed stop