Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
|Area||discounted price per journey (when booking more than 3 days per week)||Daily adhoc Charge|
|Bury St Edmunds||£4.06||£5.20|
Amendments or cancellation
Use of the service
Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered
Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
Changes to use of the service
Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App
The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Should a pupil leave any item on a school bus then parents should contact Kura either via email: [email protected] or by phone 0203 434 3313 to report the loss providing the bus route and a description of the item(s).
Kura will contact the appropriate bus company to find out if the item has been found. Pupils can then pick up the item on the next run.
Pupil Code of Conduct
- Be ready to board at the allotted time standing at the bus stop. If late, the bus will be unable to wait
- Travel on their designated bus only
- Carry their pass at all times and produce it when asked by a driver or member of staff
- Be polite and respectful to the driver and all other passengers at all times
- Follow any instruction from the driver without question – it is for their safety and the safety of others
- Stay in their seats with seat belts fastened
- Look after their belongings and keep them in a safe place
- Take litter off the bus
- If they see someone behave badly on the bus, inform the school or their parents. The driver’s role is to drive the bus safely and not to be responsible for dealing with any poor behaviour unless it affects safety
- Make sure any necessary medication is taken before leaving home or school
Pupils must not:
- Shout, use bad language or make signs out of the window
- Start arguments or engage in verbal bullying
- Engage in fighting or ‘play fighting’
- Distract the driver except in an emergency
- Eat or drink on the bus
- Take part in any other anti-social behaviour
- Leave any items on the bus
- Ask to be dropped off anywhere other than their agreed stop