Use of the Service
Please note that in order to use the School Bus Service, your son is required to use the service for a minimum of 3 days per week. On some occasions, however, the service may be undersubscribed and the School may allow less frequent use. Please contact the School if your son wishes to use the service on a less frequent basis.
We agree and understand that:
- It is our responsibility to deliver Our Son in good time to the Designated Bus Stop before the departure time on each applicable morning during term time and to ensure we or the Authorised Adult are at the Designated Bus Stop in good time to collect him each afternoon.
- If Our Son is not at the Designated Bus Stop at the departure time, the bus will not wait for him and the bus will not stop to pick up Our Son except at a Designated Bus Stop.
- We will provide, where required below, details of an Authorised Adult (decided by us) to collect Our Son from the Designated Bus Stop if we are unable to collect him ourselves. We will telephone the School at least an hour before the end of the school day to confirm that an Authorised Adult will collect Our Son.
- We must explain to Our Son that he must be polite to the bus driver and must behave well at all times whilst on the bus. We understand that the school rules will apply while Our Son is travelling on the School Bus Service.
- We must explain to Our Son that he must wear a seatbelt on the school bus at all times.
- In signing up to the School Bus Service, our son is required to use the School Bus Service on at least 3 days of the week.
- If the School Bus Service is undersubscribed, the School may offer the service to a pupil who wishes to use the service on a less frequent basis, but should another pupil wish to use the service for the minimum 3 days per week, the School reserves the right to reallocate the place to that pupil.
Cancellation of School Bus Services
We understand that we must give the School at least one half term’s written notice of cancellation of Our Son’s use of the School Bus Service.
Changing your son’s use of the School Bus Service
The School understands that Our Son’s use of the School Bus Service may need to change from time to time, but asks parents/legal guardians to limit such changes to twice a term. One week’s written notice of any change in use is required. On any morning that Our Son is expected but will not be on the bus e.g. through illness, we will contact Kura as soon as possible that morning.
Payment & Refunds
We agree, for each academic year, to pay for the School Bus Service as an ‘extra’ item on each termly invoice. Use of the services will be charged for in arrears.
Refunds of cost of School Bus Services
We agree that the School is not obliged to refund any part of any sum paid by us for the School Bus Service in respect of any day on which Our Son does not use the Service.
We understand the School will inform Our Son who will be collecting him from the Designated Bus Stop, if it will not be us.
King's House School Bus Service Times
Pick up and drop off times are approximate and will, of course, depend on traffic. Please also note that the pick-up times are the times the bus is expected to depart the bus stop, so we recommend your son arrives 5-10 minutes earlier than this to ensure he is ready to catch the bus.
Please note that the School Bus Service leaves at 4.10pm, so on the day’s boys have Games, they would not be able to use the bus in the afternoon.
|5 day week||£200 per half term, mornings
£165 per half term, afternoons
|4 day week||£175 per half term, mornings
£140 per half term, afternoons
|3 day week||£150 per half term, mornings
£120 per half term, afternoons
|Ad hoc (subject to availability)||£7 per journey|