Prior’s Field Booking Terms
Daily Home to School Bus Services – Terms and Conditions
Please note – these may be updated with the distribution of the final 2022/23 timetable, along with the booking instructions.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We will endeavour to accommodate all requests for places, however where space is limited, those requiring full time tickets and travelling the furthest will be given priority.
- Parents are required to commit to a year’s use of the service, five days per week, unless their child is a half weekly-boarder, in which case pro-rate concessions are available. As part of the half weekly boarding package, a 6-journey option is available per calendar week (this does not include the Friday & Sunday night London bus service). For all other students, a 10 journey, 5 day per week option can be booked.
- All requests for places must be made through the Kura Parent App. For regular termly places you will be made aware of a booking window each year in which you will need to book your place. Parents should be aware that this place will be booked for the entire year unless the School is made aware of changes and/or cancellations within the required notice period.
- The service will only be available for pre-booked places. Requests for ad hoc places can be booked after only after the term has begun and must be booked using the Kura Parent App at least 2 hours before the journey to be made by the parent/guardian of the girl(s). Parents/Guardians will be informed within two minutes of trying to book an ad hoc space or change if there is sufficient space on the selected bus.
- Regular bus users will take precedence over ad hoc journeys.
- Girls must only travel on the bus which they have booked. If they wish to take a journey on a different bus, this must be booked within the App. Please be advised that the drivers are unable to collect any passenger not on their manifest as unlisted passengers will not be covered by insurance.
- Requests for ad hoc changes made by a pupil will be confirmed with a parent by telephone or email wherever possible as charges for ad hoc journeys will need to be included in a pupil’s school bill.
- Parents should note that there is a surcharge for taking ad hoc journeys.
- Please ensure that your girls are aware that the school may perform ad hoc checks of arriving buses to ensure that all journeys have been booked.
- Please refer to the bus service pricing information, which is included in the fees section of this pack.
GENERAL BUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- School buses are contracted to have seat belts. It is a condition of use of the bus that girls must use the seatbelt throughout the journey. Failure to adhere to this requirement will lead to withdrawal from the bus service.
- Girls will be issued with a swipe-on, swipe-off bus fob. When boarding and alighting from the bus, they will need to scan their pass against the phone/tablet next to the driver. If girls do not have their fob, they must provide their name to the bus driver so that they can manually board them on the Kura App. Loss/theft/damage to these fobs should be reported to the Bursar’s Assistant at your earliest convenience, whereupon the School will issue a replacement fob.
- Girls should be ready and waiting at timetabled stops only. Pupils should arrive at their stop 5 minutes prior to the timetabled departure time to allow for differing traffic conditions.
- Drivers will not be able to wait for late-comers or for girls to get out of waiting cars. It is the responsibility of the parents or guardians to get their child to school if they miss the bus.
- If a coach arrives early at a stop it is required to wait until the timetabled departure time before it continues.
- Prior’s Field School and the bus contractor cannot be held responsible for the lateness or delay of the services due to traffic, road works or weather conditions.
- Kura has contracted with established private companies to provide the services and these companies have experience of this type of work. It is expected that the only adult on the coach will be the driver. He or she will be responsible for discipline on the bus, but will report any problems to the School for action.
- The consumption of food or drink on the buses is not allowed. Prior’s Field School is a nut free zone. This includes no nut products on any school transport.
- Neither the School nor the bus contractor can be held responsible for the loss of a girl’s property.
- Parents are responsible for making provision for the supervision of their daughters once they leave the coaches in the afternoons at their designated stop.
- Requests for changes to routes or timings should be put in writing to Prior’s Field School only. We will consider these requests and may make slight amendments subject to pupil demand and school requirements on an annual basis. You will be notified of any changes during the summer break.
- Kura may be required to make slight amendments to timings or routes throughout the school year but will ensure all parents are aware of any such changes well in advance.
A decision to stop using the Daily Bus Service requires half a term’s notice.
‘Half a term’s notice’ means notification that is received on or before the first day of the preceding half term.
If you fail to adhere to the notice period, you may be charged a half-term’s fees in lieu of notice. This means that you will have to pay for an entire half-term, even if you do not plan to use transport during that half-term.
Bus fobs should be returned to the school office when notice has been given that a bus ticket is no longer needed. Bus fobs must never be transferred between girls.
Weekend London Bus Service – Terms and Conditions
Please contact the Boarding team for full details.
Parents are required to commit to a year’s use of the service, five days per week. There is no refund for missed days.
Concessions are available for Flexi-boarding.
CHARGE PER TERM:
see bus timetables for individual stops.
|Buses per term||Return||Single||6 route boarder journey|
AD HOC JOURNEYS:
See bus timetables for individual stops.
BOARDING LONDON WEEKEND MINIBUS
Per Journey Cost
The London bus is booked through the boarding team, on an ad hoc basis and is charged to the termly account in arrears.
Please note: one-off/ad-hoc bookings for the 2022/2023 school year will only be accepted after the new school year starts Wednesday, 7th September 2022.
For any ad-hoc price inquiries please reach out to the Kura team on [email protected].
Kura Terms and Conditions
USING THE PRIOR’S FIELD HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE 2022/2023: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Children of all years are permitted to travel on the school bus.
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
- Passengers are advised that they need to be at stops 5 minutes before the advertised time.
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only.
- Pupils must carry a valid pass when travelling.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example; frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App.
- Permanent changes should be booked on the Kura app and emailed to [email protected]
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
- Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely must provide a half-term’s notice, by email to [email protected], and copied to [email protected]. or forfeit the half term’s charges in lieu.
- This means that you will have to pay for an entire half-term, even if you do not plan to use transport during that half-term.‘Half a term’s notice’ means that the cancellation is submitted on or before the first day of the preceding half term.