Terms and Conditions of Service for Parents
By registering your child to the bus service you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Please read the following carefully and ensure that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of service;
• Pupils should be standing at their pickup point at least five minutes before
their scheduled departure time. The coach will not depart prior to the
scheduled time, but will not wait for pupils arriving late for collection.
• Pupils are required to use their allocated fob/card to ‘swipe’ on and off their
coach for each journey taken.
• For their own safety, pupils must remain seated at all times and must fasten
their seat-belts whilst travelling.
• Food and drink are not allowed to be consumed on the vehicle, with the
exception of bottled water for hydration.
• Personal property carried by the pupils remains their own responsibility at all
times. Brentwood School and Kura take no responsibility for items left or lost
whilst travelling on their coaches.
• Pupils must be aware that the prevailing school rules and standards of
behaviour apply in full whilst travelling on Brentwood School coaches. Drivers
may report inappropriate or concerning behaviour to Kura, who shall raise
these to the attention of the School. Breaches of school rules will be dealt
with under the School’s internal procedures
When registering for Brentwood School coach services, parents are entering
into an annual undertaking for the full academic year. Stated fees are for the
full academic year, but for the parents’ convenience, this annual fee shall be
drawn in termly instalments which are payable in advance of usage.
• Bookings placed are for return journeys. No single journey or mixed frequency
bookings are permitted.
• Communication regarding the service on a day-to-day basis should in the first
instance be made directly to the dedicated Kura phone line; this is open from
7am to 7pm during term time.
• The coach driver is responsible for the safe transport of pupils, and should not
be approached by parents. Any issues with the service or requests for
changes to pick-up and drop-off times / collection points must be directed in
writing to Kura.
Please be aware that some vehicles are fitted with CCTV cameras to
moderate pupil behaviour. Footage may be used to support the School’s
disciplinary process if it is required and may be used for the purpose of any
request for insurance or law abiding purposes.
• Records will be reviewed regularly by Kura and the school, and where students
are making journeys for which they have not registered/paid, the Bursary shall
follow this up with a request for; payment and; clarification about future
• The School reserves the right to cancel services in the event of severe
weather conditions and upon the advice of Kura. Parents shall be advised of
such cancellations via the Kura Parent App.
• The School reserves the right to cancel any serviced route with reasonable
notice, and no less than 1 term in advance, if the route becomes unviable or
numbers fall below the required levels.