Chigwell Code of Conduct
Occasional bus users will entitle their child to make up to 20 single journeys on the bus in any one term without having to sign up for a full term’s payment. Journeys made on the flexible basis will be charged at £12.50 per journey. Charges will be made in arrears on the termly fee bill and if more than 20 single journeys are made in a single term, a charge for the full term’s return service will be made, in accordance with the terms and conditions.
Pupils using the buses must fasten their seat-belts at all times, and behave in an orderly manner.
Food and drink are not allowed to be consumed on the vehicle. Personal property carried by the pupils is completely their own responsibility. Pupils must be aware that school rules apply on the buses. Breaches of school rules will be dealt with by the school’s internal Procedures.
Pupils will be picked up from the designated point on the route at the assigned time, and taken to school.
For pick-up, pupils should be ready at least five minutes before the time given. Buses will not wait past the scheduled pick-up time; if the bus service is running late it will not wait at the stop as all pupils should already be at their agreed stop. No responsibility can be taken for pupils arriving late at the pick-up points.
The buses will leave school at 16:20 (Monday to Friday), taking pupils to the designated drop-off points.
Parents are asked to be aware that designated pick-up / drop-off points may be subject to change by Kura and to appreciate that times for pick-up / drop-off may be subject to delays due to unavoidable road traffic conditions.
Coach bookings are prioritised for daily users (5 days a week) of the coach service either for a single journey (am or pm) or a return journey. All coach bookings are eligible for use of the late service at no extra cost. It is possible to book for a different stop and/or route on different days to suit family requirements, capacity permitting.
For parents who don’t wish to reserve a daily place, we offer places at a pro-rated cost, once spaces on the relevant routes have been confirmed. This is a secondary booking process once the regular users are all confirmed. The Bursary will confirm the relevant charge. There is no guarantee that this service will be available and regular bookings will always take precedence over pro-rated bookings.
Regular coach users who wish to make an ad hoc booking for a journey they would not normally take (e.g. an afternoon journey for a morning only customer) may do so via the Kura app. A charge will be applied for this journey.
Non-coach users or regular customers who wish to make ad hoc bookings for a period of time to assist with a temporary change in family circumstances are able to do so via the Kura app. The app will only allow a booking if there is capacity on the service. There will be a charge for this service.
Records will be reviewed regularly by Kura and the School, and where students are making journeys for which they have not registered/paid, the Bursary will follow up with a request a) for payment and b) for clarification about future use patterns.
Parents are advised not to discuss any requests for changes to pick-up and drop-off times/points with the driver but we ask that you direct these queries, in writing, to Kura.
Communication regarding the service on a day-to-day basis (e.g. to inform us about an unexpected change/cancellation due to sickness etc.) should be made in the first instance directly to the dedicated Kura phone line for the Chigwell School bus service. This is open from 7 am during term time. Please do not communicate through the school, except in an emergency.
The disciplinary procedures whilst on the school bus are the same as they would be in school. The driver will report any misbehaviour to Kura or the School. The School will then decide what actions, if any are necessary.
Please be aware that some vehicles are currently fitted with CCTV cameras. Footage may be used to support the disciplinary process if it is required and also for the purpose of any request for insurance or law-abiding purposes.
In the event of severe weather conditions and if the School is to open, parents will be advised accordingly by Kura after appropriate risk assessments have been made to take into account the safety of pupils for the journey.
Chigwell Terms and Conditions of Service
USING THE CHIGWELL HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE T&CS 2022/2023:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing a booking with the Chigwell Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below:
- Children in Year 3 or above only are permitted to travel on the school bus.
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year and are for five days per week either one way or return journeys. Occasional bus users will entitle their child to make up to 20 single journeys on the bus in any one term without having to sign up for a full term’s payment.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the Kura app or portal, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The school offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the school has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only.
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The school will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
- Pupils must use their fob/pass/ID to tap on and off as they board and disembark the vehicle.
- Parents accept that it is their responsibility to ensure their child is at the AM pickup point 5 minutes before the scheduled stop time to allow for an on-time departure.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the school’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Users understand that road traffic conditions can change without notice and delays incurred enroute are not within the company’s control.
Changes to use of the service
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura app or portal.
- The school reserves the right to make route and timetable alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy/Withdrawal from the service
Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely, partially or adhoc, must provide a full terms notice, by email to [email protected], and copied to [email protected] or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu.
This means that you will have to pay for an entire full term, even if you do not plan to use transport during that term.
‘A full term’s notice’ means that the cancellation is submitted on or before the first day of the preceding term.
Kura reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions after publication and will notify users of the service of any such changes.