We’ve been working hard during the Covid-19 related lockdowns to make sure our services are prepared for running under Social Distancing and health-related guidance.
This ensures all passengers have peace of mind that their transport is taken care of and they can get on with their lives under the “New normal”.
As current advice states public transport is to be avoided where possible and walking, cycling or driving are not always possible due to weather, distance, safety or scheduling concerns with staggered start and end times, our services are providing schools and companies across the country with an alternative.
We’ve put in place measures to enable minimal infection exposure, including:
Social Distancing throughout the service
- Providing larger vehicles and enforcing reduced capacity to keep passengers from different households or organisations separated
- Seating plans
- Boarding and alighting processes to maintain the safety of passengers and drivers
- Advice for travellers when waiting at stops or pickup points to maintain social distancing
- All touch points on the vehicle are sanitised between journeys to minimize risks
Options for increasing capacity on routes
- Multi-vehicle routes
- Staggered shuttle services
- As throughout the day the possibility of contracting the virus cannot be ignored our service is enhanced with additional measures to protect others in instances of a confirmed case of the virus.
- The Kura app holds a secure record of everyone who travelled on which service and when, including where they embarked and disembarked. This means schools or businesses can alert those who may have been in proximity to anyone with a confirmed case quickly and efficiently to ensure containment.
For advice on the processes your school can implement to minimise the risk of transmission plus social distancing options on typical vehicle sizes download our free guide: ridekura.com/school-covid-safety-guide
For advice on the processes your company can implement to minimise the risk of transmission plus social distancing options on typical vehicle sizes download our free guide: ridekura.com/business-covid-safety-guide
Download our app
For existing parents and schools. During the first few weeks of term, you will receive a Welcome Email with your secure, unique Link code allowing you to access the app.