Using the EEG (Abbeygate, One and West Suffolk College) Home to College bus service:
Terms and Conditions 2023/2024
By placing a booking with the EEG Home to College Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below:
- Parents/guardians/students must register each year for the bus service, using the Kura app or Kura portal. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire academic year and are required to book a minimum of 3 RETURN journeys per week.
- Please note you must book both the AM trips and the PM trips to receive this discount. If you only book the AM service or PM service you will be manually charged the ad hoc rate.
- 2 and 1-day return bookings may become available after the initial release but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the Kura app or portal, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The College offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the College will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the College has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service
- Students must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only.
- Those who wish to use the service but are not registered must contact Kura by email at [email protected] to comply with safeguarding protocols and verification of their details by the college before Kura profiles can be created.
- Students must use their fob/pass/ID/Smartphone to tap on and off as they board and disembark the vehicle.
- Parents accept that it is their responsibility to ensure their ward is at the AM pickup point 5 minutes before the scheduled stop time to allow for an on-time departure.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their ward that when travelling on the College buses they remain bound by the College’s Behaviour Policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their ward that they must abide by the College’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Users understand that road traffic conditions can change without notice and delays incurred enroute are not within the company’s control.
Changes to use of the service
- Any changes to a student’s use of the College Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura app or portal and must adhere to the College’s cancellation policy.
- The College reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy/Withdrawal from the service
- The provision of transportation to the College at the published prices is based on an annual commitment to the service. Refunds will not be provided for cancellation or withdrawal from the service regardless of circumstances.
- Ad-Hoc bookings are non-transferable, non-cancellable and non-refundable
Eastern Education Group reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions after publication and will notify users of the service of any such changes.