Application for travel
Parents must make a formal application for their child to use the service, whether or not that have used the service previously, using the Kura app. Bookings for the 2022/2023 academic year will be accepted between 22nd June 2022 and 15th July 2022. Please note that if you have had bookings on the bus service for your child(ren) in the past, these are now deleted, and you must make a new booking for the forthcoming year.
The Kura app can be downloaded from either the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. Details of how to download the app and register can be found on the School’s dedicated transport site: ridekura.com/holme-grange/. You will receive a link by email in order to activate your secure account.
Amendments or cancellation:
Any amendments to a pupils’ journeys should be made directly via the Kura App.
Please confirm any charges with the School by emailing [email protected].
If you have an urgent query about your child’s bus route during service, then please contact the Kura control centre on 0203 326 2259. This number is staffed from 06:30 in the morning to cover travel into school. It is also covered until 19:00 during the school to home run.
Should a pupil leave any item on a school bus then parents should contact Kura either via email: [email protected] or by phone: 0203 326 2259 to report the loss providing the bus route and a description of the item(s).
Kura will contact the appropriate bus company to find out if the item has been found. Pupils can then pick up the item on the next run.
Pick up by parents at home stops:
Younger children are often met by a parent/carer at the home stop drop-off. In such cases, should a parent not be at the stop when the bus arrives the bus will wait a few minutes and the driver will then contact Kura. The bus driver will continue to do the other drop-offs and bring the child back to School. Kura will inform the School and the parents will be informed. The parent will then need to collect the child from School.
Ad Hoc Journeys
Pupils not registered to use the school bus but wishing to make an ad hoc journey, for instance travelling to the home of school friend who uses the bus, may do so if a space is available on the service. The parent must first register on the Kura App by calling the Kura team on 0203 326 2259. After registering, the route can be viewed the pupil can be booked on for that journey using the app. The visiting pupil will be logged onto the bus by the driver when boarding. A charge will be payable for this journey and the parent of the pupil who is travelling on the ad hoc basis will be billed. Therefore, it is important that this arrangement is communicated and agreed by both parties beforehand.
Registered bus users who wish to make an ad hoc booking for a journey they would not normally take (e.g. an afternoon journey for a morning only user) may do so by making the booking via the Kura app. The app will only permit a booking if there is capacity on the service. A charge will be applied for this journey.
Records will be reviewed regularly by Kura and the School and where pupils are making journeys for which they have not registered/paid, the Bursary will follow up with a request for payment and for clarification about future use patterns.
Terms and conditions
USING THE HOLMEGRANGE HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE T&CS 2022/2023:
By placing a booking with the Holme Grange Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below.
- Children in Year 3 or above only are permitted to travel on the local school bus.
- Children in year 7 or above only are permitted to travel on all other bus routes.
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service:
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only.
- Pupils must carry their fob pass when travelling.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
Changes to the use of the service:
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example; frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App.
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy, withdrawal from the service:
Pupil code of conduct
Pupils must not: