Terms and Conditions
ICS LONDON HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE T&CS 2022/2023:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing a booking with the ICS London Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below:
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year
- Bus fees are per term only
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable.
- Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, only where availability permits.
- Ad Hoc journeys must be booked via the school administrators. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
Changes to use of the service
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy: withdrawal from the service:
Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely must provide a full term’s notice, by email to [email protected] or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu.
Code of Conduct
- AT ALL TIMES
1.1 Please follow the driver’s instructions.
1.2 Do not distract the driver (this includes talking to the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion).
1.3 Keep the aisle clear.
1.4 Do not block any of the exits including emergency exits.
1.5 Do not damage the vehicle.
1.6 Do not consume food (including chewing gum) or drink whilst in the vehicle.
- WHEN BOARDING THE VEHICLE
2.1 If provided, scan your token when on boarding or give your name to the Driver so that they can manually board you on the Kura App.
2.2 Do not push other passengers.
2.3 Take your seat quickly.
2.4 Fasten your seatbelt as soon as you have sat down.
2.5 All coats, bags and other luggage must be stored either in the overhead storage, under your seat, or if it does not fit under your seat, in the luggage compartment of the vehicle.
2.6 If you are using overhead storage, please do so quickly so that you are not blocking the aisle.
- ONCE THE JOURNEY HAS STARTED
3.1 Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
3.2 Do not damage the vehicle in any way.
3.3 Remain in your seat whilst the vehicle is in motion.
3.4 Do not put your feet on any part of the seat.
3.5 Do not turn in your seat or kneel on the seat.
3.6 Be aware of noise levels. Do not shout and keep conversation volume down. Be aware that the noise from headphones can be heard by other passengers, so keep the volume down.
3.7 The use of speakers, from mobile phones, music devices or any other device, is not permitted.
3.8 Do not throw any object
- AT THE END OF THE JOURNEY
4.1 Ensure that you take all your belongings with you and take away all litter.
4.2 If provided, scan your token when alighting the bus at all times or give your name to the Driver so that they can manually disembark you on the Kura App.
4.3 Remain in your seat with your seatbelt on until the vehicle has stopped.
4.4 Alight the vehicle swiftly and safely.