Kura is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kura may update this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- The name of the student(s) on whose behalf you are booking the service
- Other information relating to journey details, local stop preferences
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in order to provide our service to you and for billing purposes.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you about updates to the service or for feedback on the service provided, or potential amendments to the service (if you wish to receive these, please check the “Permissions” box on the form)
The lawful basis on which we use this information
Our lawful basis for collecting and processing your information is defined under Article 6, and the following sub-paragraphs in the GDPR apply:
- (a) Data subject gives consent for one or more specific purposes.
- (c) Processing is necessary to comply with the legal obligations of the controller.
Our lawful basis for collecting and processing your information is also further defined under Article 9, in that some of the information we process is deemed to be sensitive, or special, information and the following sub- paragraphs in the GDPR apply:
- (a) The data subject has given explicit consent.
- (b) It is necessary to fulfil the obligations and exercise the specific rights of the data controller or of the data subject.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Data Retention and Requesting Access
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold, through a Subject Access Request.
If you make a subject access request, and if we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
- Explain where we got it from, if not from you or your child
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Let you know whether any automated decision-making is being applied to the data, and any consequences of this
- Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
We will retain your information for the periods outlined below as necessary to ensure you receive an excellent service, or as required to fulfil our legal obligations. If you wish to delete or modify details held or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at [email protected] or by physical mailing at SC House, Vanwall Business Park, Maidenhead, SL6 4UB. We will respond to your request in a timely manner (no longer than 28 working days and delete/modify all records that do not conflict with our legal requirements or inform you of such.
Your data will be held for a period of one year in line with your school’s academic year. If your data is no longer required in order to fulfil our legal obligations or in the interests of providing your service it will then be deleted.
Why we share your information
We do not share information about you with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We may share your information with your school for purposes of billing, confirmation and safeguarding.
Who we share information with
We may share the information you provide with appropriate third parties, including:
- Your School
- Our Operating depots (via our secure Kura App technology)