USING THE ST EDMUNDS COLLEGE HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE T&CS 2021/2022: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing a booking with the St Edmunds College Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below.
- Children in Year 3 or above only are permitted to travel on the school bus or at age 7 if accompanied by a sibling.
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year.
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year.
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service:
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only.
- Pupils must carry a valid pass when travelling.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct.
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
Changes to use of the service:
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App.
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy, withdrawal from the service:
The Bus Rules
Members of St Edmund’s College & Prep School who travel to school on a bus are required to observe the following rules.
- Abide by all school rules
- Remain seated and wear their seat belts throughout the journey
- Carry bus fobs to and from school at all times
- Cooperate with College coach park staff and the driver at all times. Unruly behaviour is a dangerous distraction for the driver.
- Treat fellow passengers with respect. Bullying, whether verbal or physical, and racist or sexist language will not be tolerated
- Leave the bus in good order with no litter
- Only ask to get on and off the bus at the official stops
Students must not:
- Take onto the bus any of the following – alcohol, drugs, solvents, weapons, tobacco, or other harmful or illegal substances
- Not consume food or drink on the bus
- Not buy or sell goods on the bus