Contractual Agreement and Payment Terms
The termly cost of the service will be charged in advance to your fee account for Full-Time and Part-Time passes. The cost of Ad-hoc passes will be added in arrears each term to your fee statement. Should you wish to change or cease using the coach service, then the terms and conditions require a full term’s written notice or a term’s coach fee will become payable in lieu.
Code of Conduct
Failure to observe these rules may lead to a temporary or permanent exclusion from the coach and fares cannot be refunded
Normal school rules apply and the authority of Prefects, Stewards and Senior Pupils applies on the coach.
Pupils must only travel on their allocated coach and passes must be carried at all times.
Should a pupil, on occasion, wish to bring a friend home or travel on a coach other than their own, tickets must be acquired in advance from the Main School office.
Pupils may board or alight from the coach only at the designated stopping places and in an orderly way without pushing. They must never approach a moving coach. They must not attempt to join or leave the coach when, for example, it is brought to a halt at other places by traffic conditions.
Tampering with any part of the coach or its equipment is forbidden.
Boisterous or inappropriate behaviour towards others on the coach or the public will not be tolerated.
Inappropriate behaviour or language towards drivers, or any attempt to distract them from driving, will not be tolerated and will lead to instant suspension from the coach.
Musical instruments, games kit and other property are individual girl’s responsibility. Neither the coach company, nor Tormead School, can accept any liability for their loss or damage. Pupils should take care on every journey to make sure that they do not leave any property on the coach.
Seat belts are fitted on all coaches and these must be worn AT ALL TIMES when the coach is moving and pupils must remain seated. Standing or moving in the aisle is strictly prohibited except when boarding and alighting from the coach. THE WEARING OF SEATBELTS ON COACHES IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT AND ANY DEVIATION FROM THIS RULE MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT EXCLUSION FROM THE COACH.
When waiting at the coach stop parents should park with consideration for local residents and not obstruct driveways and other access points.
In the morning coaches will leave promptly per the published timetables. It is therefore essential that girls arrive in good time, at least 5 minutes, before the stated departure time.
Please ensure that pupils have an approved procedure to follow in emergencies. This could be pupils returning home or travelling to school in some other way perhaps with a sibling or other responsible pupil on the same route. At all times the overriding consideration should be safety and for this reason it may be appropriate for pupils to have emergency funds carry a mobile phone or know how to use public telephones. It is also advisable that pupils carry the School office number with them – 01483 575 101
Terms and Conditions
USING THE TORMEAD HOME TO SCHOOL BUS SERVICE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing a booking with the Tormead Home to School Bus Service the customer acknowledges that they have read, understood, and accept the Terms and Conditions as detailed below:
- Children in Year 5 and 6 are permitted to travel on the school bus, those children in Year 3 and 4 will need to contact our Head of Prep Mrs Fry in the first instance
- Parents/guardians must register/re-register pupils each year for the bus service, using the Kura App. Booking windows and registration periods will be communicated throughout the year
- Parents/guardians accept that bookings are for the entire school year
- Journeys booked but not taken are non-refundable. Any journey cancelled, ad hoc, via the App, will not reduce the amount charged. Cancellations must be made in line with the cancellation policy set out below.
- The School offers bus service bookings on a first come first served basis. Although the School will do its utmost to accommodate all requests for use of the service, the School has no obligation to increase capacity on any route.
Use of the service
- Pupils must ensure they travel on the route for which they are registered only
- Pupils must carry a valid pass when travelling
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that when travelling on the school buses they remain bound by the School’s Behaviour Policy
- Parents/guardians are asked to remind their children that they must abide by the School’s bus travel Code of Conduct
- Ad Hoc journeys are permitted by pupils not registered for the service, but where availability permits only. When ad hoc bookings can be accommodated at short notice, pupils must provide their name to the driver, in order that the journey is correctly recorded in the Kura system, for safety reasons. The School will endeavour to accommodate all such requests for places, but priority will be given to pupils registered for regular service use.
Changes to use of the service
- Any changes to a pupil’s use of the School Bus Service (for example: frequency, route, home pick-up stop) must be made via the Kura App
- The School reserves the right to make route alterations after publication but will provide notice of any such action.
Cancellation policy: withdrawal from the service:
- Parents/guardians wishing to withdraw their children from the service entirely, partially or ad hoc, must provide a full-term’s notice, by email to [email protected], and copied to [email protected]. or forfeit the full term’s charges in lieu
- This means that you will have to pay for an entire full term, even if you do not plan to use transport during that term.
- ‘A full term’s notice’ means that the cancellation is submitted on or before the first day of the preceding term.